Welcome to the Horizonte Counseling Center’s Web Page
Dear students and families,
Even though the building has different hours for classes and some students are still working remotely, we want you to know that as your counselors, we are still working for you and available to assist you however we can. We know this is a stressful time for everyone and you may be dealing with challenges you have not faced before. We care about every student and want to make the best school experience possible for all students.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions, concerns, or just need someone to talk to. We will be available by phone or video chat and now in-person during office hours. You may also visit our Horizonte counseling website if your family needs community resources such as food, medical care, mental health, and other needs.
Counselors Office Hours: 9am-3:30pm, Monday through Friday
|Eleanor Chase||(801) 578-8574 Ext. 2550|
|Jamie Belnap||(801) 578-8574 Ext: 2560|
|Joey Peterson||(801) 578-8574 Ext. 2530|
If you need help after hours, please call or text our Hotline (801) 301-6490.
We will be also be checking our Horizonte voicemail and will have someone available during Summer break. If you feel you are in an emergency situation, do not hesitate to call 911 or the crisis line. They have 24 hour crisis workers available to talk or message with you anonymously.
We want you to know that your teachers, counselors, and principals care about your well-being and are anxious to see you in the Horizonte hallways again! Stay safe and healthy!
Horizonte Counseling Team
The counselors at Horizonte believe:
- Every student has dignity and worth.
- Every student's ethnic, cultural, racial, gender differences and special needs are considered in planning and implementing the school counseling program.
- Every student can be college and career ready.
And that the Horizonte comprehensive school counseling program should:
- Be based on specified goals and developmental student competencies for all students.
- Utilize many combined resources of the community to deliver programs.
- Use data for program development and evaluation.
And that all counselors at Horizonte:
- Abide by the professional school counseling ethics as advocated by the American School Counselor Association.
- Participate in professional development activities essential to maintain a quality school counseling program.
Community Scholarship Coordinator
Utah Scholars was created to help students in high school take the right classes to get to college, keep their grades up, and help students be more prepared to qualify for scholarships. To receive the StepUp Utah Scholars recognition certificates and medallion you need to have a 3.0 cumulative GPA and complete 20 Next Steps from the grade-by-grade checklists before you graduate from high school. While you can complete these steps at any time, it's best to do several each year so you stay focused and on track. Don't forget to keep track of which Next Steps you complete! To find out more visit Step Up Utah or to apply, click the link below:
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) Scholarship
Keys to Success